Botanical supplements or herbal supplements are plant and herb enhancements aimed to nourish and nurture our health. Available as pills, powders and oils, there are benefits to consuming natural medicines alongside a healthy lifestyle.
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a spice which comes from the Turmeric plant, native to Southeast Asia and a member of the ginger family. Noticeable by its bright autumnal yellow orange colour (which comes from its chemical compound curcumin), Turmeric can be ingested as a spice, added to food, enjoyed as a tea, taken in tablet form and has been used in medicines and as a colourant in the East for thousands of years. Now hailed as a superfood in the West, it has fast become the root to all health benefits.
Top Five Ways Turmeric Is Good for You
Considered a superfood, Turmeric is cited as having multiple benefits to our health, including its:
- Anti-inflammatory properties which block inflammatory molecules in the body
- Ability to be used as a treatment for arthritis
- Powerful antioxidant ability, which protects against heart disease
- Boost to immunity and fighting infection
- Skill in reducing inflammation in the brain
How to take Turmeric?
Long used as a flavour and colourant to curries, we can add turmeric to a variety of dishes from breakfast to lunch and dinner. Simple ways to spice up your dishes:
- Scrambled eggs or Tofu – a really simple way to kick of the day with a splash of colour. Add one or two teaspoons of turmeric and simply scramble the eggs or tofu as normally.
- Five bean soup – add a tin of five beans, a tin of water and a tin of chopped tomatoes. Stir in one teaspoon of turmeric and bring to the boil – the perfect midday warmer on a chilly autumn day.
- Veg or meat curry – serve with turmeric rice. Fry off chopped onions, rice, a sprinkle of turmeric, add water, pop on a lid and steam until ready to serve.
Power Health Turmeric Products
Power Health offer 500mg Turmeric capsules which are pure powder from the root, and a Turmeric with Black Pepper capsule - the addition of black pepper extract helps the absorption process of turmeric and allows you to gain the full benefits of curcumin.
✔ Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
✔ May ease symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
✔ May reduce inflammation/swelling of joints
✔ May help to lower cholesterol
✔ May help maintain liver health
Find out more about our full Botanical Supplements range
As always, if you are currently taking medication, breastfeeding, pregnant or undergoing medical treatment, please consult with your doctor before taking supplements.
How to buy
Power Health have been manufacturing and supplying high-quality supplements for more than 40 years. Established in 1972, Power Health has become one of the UK’s favourite providers of vitamins and supplement products. These are all manufactured in our own purpose-built factory in the UK.
You can find a stockist - or we offer free standard delivery in the UK on all orders over £30, click and collect directly from our HQ and we ship internationally.